Wednesday, March 16, 2011

painful summer

So summer is approaching. Every one is starting to lay on that summer tan, and what goes better with a bronze finish than a sexy man? Summer romance is code for "let's hook up and hold hands but we know there's an expiration date: September." It's not a big deal, and with the spontaneity of summer love, we aren't really looking for keepers, are we?

So the other day, as I headed down the street to Planet Tan (fine I cheat), I was talking to my friend who was hitting the beach. A few hours later, as I was admiring my faux glow, she texted, whining about a terrible sunburn. As I asked her why she didn't wear sunscreen she replied "I wanted to get tan!" And that got me thinking, when it comes to love, how many of us go out, without protection, with the intent of getting burned?


2 comments:

  1. you'll probably delete this T_T but here goes all the same.

    i think we love the chase and that's it.

    hell, you probably won't even read this, but i've read your entry and it's on my mind now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so carrie. loves it.

    ReplyDelete