Monday, September 20, 2010

Reality Check




Call me crazy, but I find myself constantly weighing the pros and cons of college and whim. Obviously the smart and responsible way would be to finish my education, get an internship, and segway into the world, or I can be reckless and ruthless and have fun now, and use my personal drive and personality strengths to persue my dreams. What about all the people that have gotten where they are from pure drive? Kelly Cutrone-biggest PR guru of the current times. She moved out at 17, ran rampid throughout Los Angeles and NYC, and is now a powerhouse. What the fuck? I want to work for Nylon, or maybe even Rolling Stone. Will a journalism degree from a university really push me forward above the trendy rich kids or cool party hoppers? I honestly think not. I'm getting an education for an industry based soley on connections. Am I wasting my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment